Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Belladone

I have been sewing up a storm, but I don't have much pictures to show. Days are getting increasingly shorter and finding daylight is proving more and more challenging. I have also been quite absent from Instagram and blog commenting, although I am always avidly reading and getting inspired by all of you!


I haven't quite followed through with my sewing plans either. I am one skirt, a shirt for Erik and two refashions short. But as I have completed 7 of the 8 garments I had originally planned, I'm going to call that a success and make the skirt later. I did make a little Chardon that I hope to share soon!





So here is my Belladone. I'm really late to the party, as usual, but better late than never! I'm really liking this pattern, simple but with a striking feature with the open back. It was fun to make, quick (as it is not lined) and it's really easy to wear. I made a straight size 38 and other than lowering the bust dart a little for my next version, there is not much adjustments needed. The back opening is gaîng a bit depending on how I stand, but I'm afraid I'd restrain my movement ability if I made adjustments there. I did sew strips of selvage on the bias edge, so I'm pretty sure that they did not stretch. About that, the pattern instructions suggests that you sew strips of bias to prevent the bias edges of the back opening from stretching, which I find really odd. Any thoughts on that?

The fabric is a cotton from Minerva Crafts. It's a bit stiff, which works well for this style, and well, dots! Makes me happy. Also, it seems to me that Minerva has lowered their shipping prices, which makes it that much more fun for me to order from them, and the selection is huge, and I loove the blogger network. It's just so great seeing the fabric in action and getting some thoughts on it. 








8 comments:

  1. Tack för Minerva-tipset. Finfin klänning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tack! minerva-hemsidan är lite svårnavigerad och det kan vara svårt att hitta rätt, men just därför är det extra bra med att se creationer i ett visst tyg!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous. The fit looks absolutely perfect and that style really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, beautiful! The fit looks great and I love your choice of dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, a perfect fabric/pattern combination. I'm a bit cautious of buying fabrics online, I like t touch and feel. Unfortunately that gives me a smaller selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i also prefer feeling the fabrics before i buy, but that restrains my selection too much (in malmö, the isn't much more than stoff och stil...) but yes, buying fabrics online is a bit of a gambling!

      Delete